Tuesday, August 29, 2006




i have heard one thing from almost every person i know of, that is how they cant control their life, and how time and destiny are things no one can escape. whichever way you go, there will always be people telling you that, whatever you do, what has to happen, happens. then dont you find it useless, that we must all just work our butts off, and yet, get the exact life that we feared? i dont believe in destiny, at least not the maniacal, sadistic one that people talk about. even though i do believe in what Coelho said that when you want something, the whole universe conspires for you to achieve it.

this poem is something i wrote after coming across the following picture in deviant art. i am amazed at how well it describes the unchained puppet, the man who, thinkinh that he has strings attched, lives like a puppet his entire life, passing the blame to some unseen almighty, and crying that no one can beat destiny. all i did, is make a situation to give this man a chance to see the puppeteer, in person and settle the score.

how many of us are puppets? or at least believe that they are, at the hands of God, family, destiny, or whatever other thing? and if so, then read on, coz you may be surprised to find who the puppeteer really is..



UNCHAINED PUPPET

My eyes filled with light of unknown days
My heart filled with acrid and bygone sorrows
My mind analyzing the day in every moment
My smile caught in the promise of a lost tomorrow

My arms raised in prayers to the hallowed halls
My heart filled with passion for deities I cant see
My mouth now dry from the hint of truth
My vision already blurred with an image of me

Raise me up now, cut these morbid chains
I am not a puppet, but a human too
Why is my every movement devoid of my will
Why are veins, chained to the lie of you

As my eyes tear, I watch my blood flow
As always wondering whatever did I do
To awaken the wrath of unseeing almighty
Who punishes me though the puppeteer in you

My legs are aching, please stop now!
I cannot exalt in this dance of death
My soul and my body is all yours
Just please, let me keep my breath

You have chained me forever and more
Blinding me by humanity, so that I couldn’t see
Wound so hard in your universal explanation
Only to realize that the puppeteer is me.

copyright 2006 shruti bhutada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home