Tuesday, August 29, 2006






THE OUTSIDER

Watching the sunlight stream by
Washing over my silent lie
Hundreds of tears that fall unknown
Thousands of dreams that with me fly

I just passed the moment, it called me home
Welcome to the day, o night rider
I stop at the door and smile at all
After all, I am the outsider

I am the outsider in these cries of mirth
I am the outsider in those halls of fame
On every monument built, and every tomb wreaked
Theres all, but my single name

I am just a traveler, waiting for the next ride
Listening to stories dying to be told
My world lies safe and bound in my heart
While I watch the other million worlds unfold

I am just a loner, I walk on my road
I am the person standing near that brick wall
When everyones running away from your reality
And you know that your world is just about to fall

I am one who stands on the crowded roads
Where everyone is busy passing their blame
Listening to the tirade, hardly ever affected
Listening to music while washing the streets of shame

i am the outsider, to all those cries of help
my ears can hear, but mind cant register the pain
I am the one watching as the world slides by
I am the one walking, alone in the rain

Walking alone in rain and storm
And passing the hills of this worlds humanity
I am the outsider, I have no place to claim
No home, no community or any such foolish vanity

I am the outsider, I am unaffected by pain
My hearts got no chains, and my soul has no fear
Yet the only part of me that never seems to change
Is that helpless, angry and long frozen tear

copyright 2006 shruti bhutada

i wrote this poem a few days ago. i really relate to it. it defines detachment for me, that feeling that many pursue but only some attain. its not exactly precise on the rhyme meter, but thats the reason y i like poetry, its gives u freedom frm the shackles of grammar and meters and allows u to put expression above everything else....

1 Comments:

Blogger Memoryking said...

Me too share similar feelings

"Am I a prisoner?
A prisoner of my dreams
My dreams shattered like broken glass
So did my broken heart
I shut the door close to the world
Wandered on outskirts of solitude
Like an outsider to the world
Maybe even to myself
Silence was my only companion
But when I checked my results
There was almost nothing there
I laughed and said I didn't even care
If I wont who else will?
Dreams made my life a hell
Still, I want to be a prisoner
a prisoner of my dreams"

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home